Main Photo

€4.000.000


Terreno Con Ex Convento Ed Altri Fabbricati

BATTIPAGLIA, Italy

Property Description

Italy BATTIPAGLIA
between Amalfi and Cilento Coast.

Land and ex-monastery to be restored and additional buildings for sale

Key features:
- Land 119,222 sqm land with overlying Convent and Other buildings
- Part of a convent complex ( year 1052 ) to be restored is subject to cultural heritage bond (1,229 sqm)
- Buildings without cultural heritage bonds 622.92 sqm
- All the property is currently used for agricultural activity.
- located at the center of one of the most appreciated areas of Italy.
- With appropriate interventions it is possible to develop ideas that go beyond the simple agricultural
use of the property

Possible to divide the sale as follows:
o 108,018 sqm land
o 11,204 sqm land with overlying buildings

The owners reserve the possibility of confidential negotiation also on the price.

FULL DESCRIPTION
1. Land
The surface of the whole property is ha 11 a 92 ca 22 (119,222 sqm)

2. Convent complex (part) 1,229 sqm named San Mattia
a. Convent (cultural heritage bond) Conventional overgrounds mq. 701.45
b. Caprarizzo (cultural heritage bond) sqm 437.88 (6.15 x 71.20) - in the past it was dedicated to sheep sheltering.
c. Stable shed horses sqm 89.76
d. Torrino of the convent about 50 sqm (building that rises above the eaves line)

3. Additional buildings 622,92 sqm
a. Garage 112.80 sqm (m 9.40 x m 12 - height: min 2,80 - max 3,50)
b. Apartment on the 1st floor 91.88 sqm (m 9.60 x m 11.20 - H m 3.05)
c. Terrace accessible from the apartment 15.64 sqm (m 3.40 x m 4.60)
d. Stable 402.60 sqm (m 36.60 x m 11.00 - H 3.50 m)

Location
The property is in the centre of one of the most beautiful areas of Italy: to the South we have the Cilento Coast with its crystal clear sea, while in the North there is The Amalfi Coast, with Amalfi, Sorrento, Positano which are just some of the great tourist destinations both national and international.
So the property is:
- Just 5 km – 3 mi - from the sea of the Gulf of Salerno, the Sele plain
- Between the Amalfi and the Cilento coast
- In details, it is 25 km – 15mi - south of Salerno and 40 km north of the ancient Paestum.
- At 4 Km – 2.4 mi - there is the airport of Costa d'Amalfi (Salerno) whose runways definitely do not
cause noise
- At 20 Km - 12 mi - there is the Marina D'Arechi port which offers a series of services for mooring and navigation equipments.

Some of the most beautiful and appreciated sceneries in Italy are very close, some of them are even listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.

There are several road and coast links to reach:

Amalfi and Positano,
Sorrento,
Capri, Ischia
Naples
Pompei (59 km – 36 mi - highway)
Herculaneum
Pozzuoli volcanoes
Paestum, Velia, Palinuro

CONNECTIONS
Road
The whole property is on the side of the Provincial Road 135 (Via Spineta Battipaglia)
The Mediterranean motorway is only 4 km far away(Svincolo di Battipaglia)

Airports
• The Salerno-Costa d'Amalfi Airport is at 4 km from the property, the runways are set in a way they definitely do not cause any noise. A substantial development of the airport is expected following the recent agreement with GESAC (Naples Capodichino airport operator) to create an integrated network of the airports in Campania. http://www.aeroportosalerno.it/
• The Naples Capodichino airport is far Km 83 – 51 mi - http://www.aeroportodinapoli.it/

Maritime connections.
1) Porto Marina d'Arechi (Salerno) far 12 km towards North (7 mi), easily accessible by road connections http://www.marinadarechi.com/#1

There are many services for docking and navigation.
From there you can reach with few nautical miles some of the most famous Italian tourist resorts:
• To the north Amalfi (8 n/m) Positano (14), Capri (25), Ischia (42)
• To the south Agropoli (19), Acciaroli (30), Palinuro (42).

2) Port of Agropoli far 36 km towards south (http://www.portodiagropoli.com/)
Here it is possible to have docking and navigation services too.

Railway connections
• Salerno station (high-speed trains) 21 Km (13 mi) far.
• Battipaglia station 5 km far.


REQUIRING RENOVATION
The land is currently used for open field crops and few fruit trees. The whole property is bordered by a road that connects the city of Battipaglia to the beach.

The part of the convent for sale and the strictly connected buildings (1,229 sqm) are subject to restrictions and require complete renewal in compliance with the legislation that protects historic buildings.
The other buildings (622 sqm) are not subject to any restrictions and they are used in various ways: as a dwelling and garages. They need to be renovated according to the intended use and they are all regularly registered with the urban land registry.


Utilities
Telephone, drinking water, water for irrigation, electricity are already present.
Internet connection available

POTENTIAL USE
After proper building interventions, the property could be used as a prestigious Resort, a secondary residence, as a business center, a prestigious farmhouse.
For this purpose it is useful to consider the following.
- The location is close to several lovely areas and attractions with the relevant services and amenities
for tourists as previously specified
- The mild climate allows you to enjoy the sea at least from April to September.
- There are many local products. Healthy and tasty food can be prepared with local products such as
pasta. buffalo mozzarella, fruit and vegetables of all kinds, in addition to seafood.
- The "Mediterranean diet" was born in this areas, mainly in the near Cilento.

Owner and Obligations
A private individual owns the property and the sale is then subject to a property registration tax of 15% on the declared value or 1% to 9% if purchased with the facilitation of a farming entrepreneur.


HISTORY
The monastery was erected with the church by Guaimario V, Lombard prince, between 1027 and 1052.
The first document that nominates him is 1053: "Mirando, abbot of S. Mattia de loco Tusciano grants a land to Concilio, deacon, son of Alechisio".
The Duke Ruggiero Borsa, son of Roberto il Guiscardo, in 1089, donated the monastery to S. Pietro Pappacarbone, abbot of Cava: "Concedimus in eodem monasterio de rebus our reipubice pertinentibus foris hanc civitatem in loco tusciano ultra fluviam".
Around the monastery and the church there was also a small settlement, called: Castrum S. Matthiae de Tusciano in pertinenceis Ebuli et Montis Corbini.

The monastery was first Abbey, then Priory, at the end Prepositura, always dependent on the Badia di Cava. There were eight to ten monks, led by a Prior.

The Castrum di S. Mattia was subtracted from the Abbey of Cava by the Angevins substituted to the Swabians, and will be returned to the abbot Giacomo, in 1266, by King Carlo with all the lands and men who live there.

In 1502-04, the soldiers of Ferdinand the Catholic and Louis XII of France faced several times in the Sele plain, destroying the Castrum of St. Matthias, St. Archangel and Selefone in combat.

The monastery was rebuilt immediately after this war, but lost its importance by becoming a simple grange of the Badia di Cava.
The settlers after the armed struggle return to work the fields and cultivate grain saragolla, barley, oats, broad beans; they raise sheep and goats to obtain wool, milk, cheese, ricotta for the needs of the monks.
The Benedictines are among the first to give a methodical form to the organization of work.

In 1709, S. Mattia possessed 62 cattle-diggers, 2400 sheep, 60 mares, 150 vaccines. The assets of the monastery are about 470 hectares of land and the building beyond the church and the granary, was composed of a room, the bedroom of the father cellerario, the chamber of the tower, the room of a friar, the room of the priest, another room, from the kitchen, from the pantry, from the oven, from the pantry of the oil and from the cellar.

The monastery's own management system holds until 1724, when the monks realize they can no longer manage this heritage.
Only families with strong financial capacities will intervene in the management and in the ownership in the following years.
In 1852, the Chapel of St. Matthias was owned by Baron Bellelli.
The monastery was suppressed by the subversive laws of 1866 and all its assets are confiscated by the state.
Today the monastery with its history is the oldest building in the city of Battipaglia and it is owned by a local family.


Additional Details

  • Living Space 119222 m2
  • Lot Size 119222 m2
  • Furnished Yes
  • Garage Yes
  • Central Heating Yes
  • Air Conditioning No
  • Garden Yes
  • Pool No

This listing is provided by an external advertiser. The information contained in this listing forms a property advertisement and European-Property.com has no control over content contained within. Furthermore, European-Property.com cannot guarantee the accuracy of listing information, linked content or associated resources provided by advertisers for the purpose of advertising.

< Back to Search

  • Beds
    3
  • Baths
    3
  • Tenure
    Sale
  • Type
    Land

Make Enquiry

European-Property.com will send above details to the Advertiser on your behalf. By submitting this form you accept our terms of use and our privacy policy.

My Shortlist

You have no shortlisted properties

Advertise your property for less than €2,00 per month…

Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo Latvia Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro The Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russia Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom